Now Recruiting an ARMY for Olives!!!

I had an idea, and was writing a letter to a famous chef... but I decided to write it to you first.

I need your help, I link a great number of recipes here, I need you to test them, let me know if they are good, and upload them to Allrecipes if they are. (Upload them in accordance with copyright law, remembering that neither steps nor ingredients nor measurements are copyrighted but the humor used in recipes might be (called creative expression), so the steps should be rewritten in a plain, matter-of-fact, step-by-step manner if necessary).

And I need some people to experiment, to combine dishes looking for the ultimate healing olive recipe.

This is just for fun, to those of you who love olives and think it might be deserving of more than a side-dish.

Ultimately, the end result should be more flexible than chicken noodle soups as the number of olives can be increased and the carbs more readily controlled with two dishes. :)

I also wasn't aware that olives can be eaten hot... you learn some new things every day...
Warm spiced olives, weird.

Please experiment, especially with chicken, beef, and olives, and let me know what you come up with from the links below. :)

And share your results. Include "The Great Olive Experiment" in every post so that we can search the boards to see what has already been done.

As for me, I need to buy a knife. I don't want to say what I am trying because I don't want to discourage duplication... we should try things multiple times with many variations... hence why I need an army.

I want you... to cook with OLIVES!!!
*parody uncle sam poster*

Oh, and if you use tomatoes, look into 'Cento' brand which seems to maintain some of it's Vitamin C content and makes an exceptionally good pizza. :)

Oh, and don't forget to tag with Olives and Olive!




Pope Benedict is called the Glory of the Olive. (It has something to do with something said by a saint long ago, though, admittedly, he does look a bit like palpatine, so... yeah).

And I was thinking how to prepare a meal for him on the basis of this. I have no intention of doing so myself, but I was trying to think of not only how to make a healthy recipe, but to make one that was beyond good, on the level of Chicken Noodle or beyond.

I've been thinking about how to:
Cure and season Beef or Chicken using the juice from a can or jar of olives.
Prepare salads with olives...

And, bizarrely enough, to use the cured chicken and olive brine to prepare a new version of 'Chicken Noodle Soup' that is as good for colds as regular, or better. Olives are a good source for 'Iron and Zinc', and zinc is excellent for a cold. Not only that, but olives have a wonderful flavor.

The asian equivalent of Chicken Noodle.
Ginger Chicken Jook (Rice Porridge) Recipe - Chowhound

This shows that other carb sources can be used in place of Noodles, possibly even potatoes.

http://ift.tt/2eyM2mH
http://ift.tt/2eyNx4E

Hmm... an olive based meat and potatoes dish... thickened with flour...

`Stir-Fried Spring Vegetables With Black Olives and Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe | Serious Eats
http://ift.tt/2eXsbk1

Moroccan Chicken Stir Fry Recipe | Wellness Mama
And this, using the juice from the can of olives to brine the chicken.

Oh, and rosemary is absolutely wonderful for health.
Pan-fried olives with rosemary | Recipe | Food & Style

My challenge to you, mario batali, is to make a very olive themed meal that is good for colds, sickness, and anemia(thanks to the zinc and iron content), delicious, includes a soup, beef(or chicken... or both), and some fresh vegetables.

My idea is a beef or chicken stir-fry with vegetables prepared by brining the beef or chicken in olive juice.
Cooked olives with Rosemary
And a soup.

I need no credit (an idea is worth nothing, and the effort required to bring it forth would be yours)... I merely ask that you title at least one dish "The Glory of the Olive." for fun. :)

I also believe it is more likely (due to the name) to be tested in Italy and to give Mario Batali more of a connection to his home than he already has. :)


Rosemary marinated olives and olive brined chicken stir-fried? Sounds good, maybe served alongside Focacia with Olives and Rosemary.
Focaccia with Olives and Rosemary recipe | Epicurious.com


As for the olives.... this:
Pan-fried olives with rosemary | Recipe | Food & Style
or this
Marinated Olives with Rosemary, Red Chili, Orange and Paprika Recipe : Tyler Florence : Food Network

My goal is for something healing... hence the reason for brining the chicken and going for a new style of chicken noodle soup.



Green Olive Gnocchi Recipe - 101 Cookbooks
Looks delicious! My Italian roommate also likes to eat pasta with green olives, ricotta and a bit of olive oil.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire