CHILI RECIPES Here I go again - but this time I am not on my soapbox - I'm on the CH

CHILI RECIPES

Here I go again - but this time I am not on my soapbox - I'm on the CHILI POT!
Now that fall is fast approaching it's time to prepare some old family favorites. What I like about chili (with or without beans) is that there is so much you can do with it.

Use it on nachos, spaghetti/pasta, top a baked potato or a baked sweet potato and add some grated cheese, serve for breakfast with an egg on top, or over an omlette, over spaghetti squash and if thick enough for your fork to stand up in it - loosemeat sammies/slyders.

Try wrapping in a taco shell (soft or hard) for a quick and easy treat, chili dogs, loaded fries, loaded bloomin' onions, tamale pie, enchiladas, taco salad, bake under a grits or cornbread crust.

Turn it into a casserole and top with your favorite cheese. Try it on hash browns or fried taters and onions, stuff into peppers or squash, use as a filling for chimichangas (burritos), if it's a meat chili add beans or corn, add ketchup to sweeten it a bit for sloppy joes, add to meatloaf, add queso for a nice dip, sauce for a taco pizza.

Why not try it over mac and cheese? Or over a waffle? Stuff into biscuits and add cheese. Frito pie. Pour onto polenta. Try it!

First let's start with the $25,000 Chili Cookoff Winners:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire