I met a Cajun

The rattlesnake recipe reminded me of meeting a Cajun last month. We have a log cabin in the Smoky mountains and go there once each month for R & R. There is a BBQ place there called The Cajun shack. It has good BBQ, pork ribs and Jambalaya. I asked if he knew any of the swamp people such as Troy. He said he lived 20 miles from Pierre Park where Troy lived, before he moved to Wear's Valley in Tennessee. We got to talking about eating alligator, and I asked you only eat the tail right? He said we eat any meat there is on the gator. He said I like turtle, and it has 4 unique flavors from the different cuts. He said we eat fried snake, swamp rats, squirrels and c*on (raccoon). He said you have to know how to clean a c*on because he has got 27 glands you must remove or the meat is not good. He said he tried gar fish balls but he did not like those. I said a squirrel is a rodent the same as a swamp rat only it can climb trees. He said yes but it was good eatin'. I asked if he like possum and he said no. I said I can understand why because they will eat anything dead or alive. I asked if he ever had a armadillo and he said no and Louisiana did not have any. When I lived in Texas those were called possum on the half shell. I was in middle Tennessee about 2 years ago, and I saw a armadillo that looked to be road kill, so I suspect they are migrating just like the fire ants. I never wanted to eat one. I have heard that people will stop and if a road kill (any kind, deer preferred) is fresh they will take it home and cook it and eat it. I do believe this to be true because I have seen people on the side of the road looking at the road kill. I suspect they make sure no one is looking before they pick it up.



I personally don't like wild game because the taste is a bit strong for me.





via Recipe Secrets Forum - Copycat Restaurant Recipes http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/general-chat/52407-i-met-cajun.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire