La Cuisiniér Diabétique says "Hi There"!

Considering everything when it comes to cooking, I would consider myself more than just a beginner... but still trying to become a good intermediate "Cuisiniér".



Some years ago when I was a senior in high school (and was lucky enough to only have a half day of school until noon), I picked up a part time job 6 to 8 hours a day when needed (depending on the day and shift) at a 100 room plus motor inn directly off one of the exits of a major interstate toll road. Included as part of the motor inn was a in-house restaurant... and kitchen which could also serve banquets/parties for up to 250.



I was originally hired as "Chief" pots, pans, bottle washer and garbage taker-outer. (After all, seeing I was the one doing it, I guess that made me "in charge" of myself.)



A situation came up one banquet/party night when the kitchen's salad/sandwich person wasn't able to work... so I was "quickly taught" the basics of what needed to be done and put into action. It wasn't long after that I became the inn's part/full time (or is it full/part time) :???: salad/sandwich person. On those "off times" (when things weren't busy), I would hang around the Chef asking questions about food prep and cooking. Not only did he "show and tell", but sometimes I was allowed to "put into action" what I had learned... (while he observed and looked over my shoulder).



My introduction into "Préparation Alimentaire et Cuisson" was short lived for only my senior school year, as I shortly joined the service after graduating... and thereafter got married and moved away.



Many years later (and just recently), I've found myself in a very unique ("retired") situation where I've taken over my wife's kitchen duties... which has given me the opportunity to renew my "Amour Pour la Cuisson". :D



I still have a lot to learn... and have decided to take a few "short course" local cooking lessons to help me better myself.



La Cuisiniér Diabétique



"Anyone can boil water and call themselves a cook... but it's "flamboyancé" that separates the Chef from a cook."





via Recipe Secrets Forum - Copycat Restaurant Recipes http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/general-chat/51421-la-cuisini-r-diab-tique-says-hi-there.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire