Is my friend stuck in a fantasy world?

A few months ago, me and my best friend signed up for a story-sharing website, known as Wattpad. You can make and create stories, and read others' stories as well. It's pretty entertaining, but I fear my friend is taking it too far.

She has created a story that involves fantasy characters, i.e. Jack Frost. She also makes up her own mythological characters, and writes about them. At first, it all seemed like good fun, and I was happy because she was happy.

My concern is that she is starting to act as if they are "real" (i'm using this term lightly). She writes the story as if it were a play. What's more is that she incorporates pop culture into her story, and she (the author, whom she dubs herself "Clover") interacts with people from movies such as Harry Potter and One Direction. I know this sounds confusing and/or crazy, but please bear with me.

Below is an excerpt from her profile (she was replying to a comment on her chapter that featured HP characters):

Yesh, I was thinking y didn't I get mah acceptance letter. and POOF! There was Winter in Hogwarts. Draco will marry me some day

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire